All the rules and regulations that have been universally agreed upon by airlines to process passengers and baggage in the international interline environment are contained in this manual.
It includes procedures for reservations, passenger and baggage check-in and ticket issuance, specifications for baggage tag and ticketing and various multilateral interline agreements and other passenger traffic-related regulations.
Updates to this 33rd edition include:
• A new resolution is introduced describing the processes for ‘Enhanced Airline Distribution’ via a Dynamic Airline Shopping Applications Program Interface (DAS API) (see Resolution 787),
• Provisions to include additional baggage information in the ticket and a new set of data elements to provide more definition to baggage allowances are added (see Resolutions 720a, 722f, 722g, and 722h);
• A new Recommended Practice is introduced providing guidelines for the servicing of tickets affected by a planned schedule change (see RP 1735);
• A new Recommended Practice is introduced which describes a twelve process model detailing the different disciplines, business units and expertise that goes to make up the distribution lifecycle (see RP 1786);
• A new Recommended Practice is introduced providing guidelines for the allocation of airport slots (see RP 1761a); The PSCRM comes with a value-added CD-ROM that features an electronic version of the manual (in Adobe Acrobat PDF format) to facilitate searching by use of key words.